Direct Care Professional (DCP)
The role and responsibilities of a Direct Care Professional (DCP) is of the utmost importance to the company mission. The DCP is the backbone of The Dream Team: Family Supports, L.L.C. and will assist in the planning and implementation of residential services. The DCP will provide services and supports for assigned consumers as defined in the Individual Support Plan (ISP). The DCP will be supervised by Program Director under the direction of the Nurse Staff Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following as indicated in the consumer’s Individual Support Plan (ISP):
- Assistance and/or monitoring with consumer Personal hygiene as indicated in the ISP.
- Assistance, monitoring, supervision of daily chores as indicated in the ISP.
- Assistance and/or monitoring of meal time as indicated in the ISP.
- Assistance and/or monitoring of medication times as indicated in the ISP.
- Recreation activities
- Peer interactions & socialization
- Community Inclusion
- Assistance and/or monitoring meeting residential goals.
- Provides transportation for consumers as indicated on the ISP.
- Professional documentation as required by the company and the State of Indiana.
- Other as requested
This is an entry level role in residential supports. In this position you will be responsible for the safety and security of all consumers assigned by the supervisor. You will also provide behavioral or therapeutic interventions as necessary as defined in the ISP.
You will add value by the following:
- Facilitating proper medical care including medication administration for clients.
- Providing client documentation to include shift reports, incident reports, and individual progress notes.
- Maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program consumers while improving functioning and minimizing interfering behaviors when appropriate.
- Assisting clients in daily living activities including health & personal management, achieving personal goals, recreation, community inclusion and daily household living.
- Other as requested or necessary for the health, safety, wants, dreams and wishes of consumers served.
To qualify, we require our Direct Care Professionals to have:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Some positions may require an applicant to be 21 years of age.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- Previous experience preferred (not required) working withindividuals who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with the specific consumer served as documented in the ISP.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate both verbally and in written format with all team members. The qualified DCP will provide a one paragraph handwriting sample on what the following statement means to him/her:
“EXCEL BEYOND WHAT IS EXPECTED!”
- Clean Criminal history
- Must have a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- Must be CPR certified prior to working with a consumer.
- Must maintain car insurance and provide proof.
- Other as requested
The ideal person for this role will be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor. He/she will also have a strong passion for working with and helping children, adolescents, and adults with special needs.